Come join our civil engineering group in Denver West located near the Federal Center light rail stop. Our ideal candidate must be able to use computer-aided design AUTOCAD Civil 3D, to provide engineering design support for land development and civil engineering projects. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Project Managers and Engineers to set-up and manage construction drawings
- Prepare dimensional drawings, create and/or modify base drawings
- Revise and update existing drawings to reflect design changes
- Create and manage electronic document file structure, naming conventions in accordance with company standards.
- Productive team member and AutoCAD user to work a typical set of project documents from beginning to end with professional quality output.
- Work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Works with project teams on drawings which meet and exceed the customer’s requirements (bid and submittal phase).
- Serve as an information source during construction, and prepare as-constructed drawings
- Maintain notes, design calculations and documentation for future reference and continuous improvement on future documents.
Associate’s degree of completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least two years of related work experience, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Routinely uses higher-level commands, time-saving programs and routines.
Experience using advanced AutoCad functions including Sheet Set Manager, Xref manager, Palettes and Design Center.
Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent communications skills: Interpersonal, listening, oral and written
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications
- Familiar with design parameters related to land development: Site grading plans, water line design, utilities location, sanitary and storm water, etc.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures
- Able to work with minimal supervision, exercise independent judgment
- Able to efficiently schedule and manage time
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- Must be able to achieve generally stated objectives and requirements.
If you meet the above qualifications, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.