Come join our civil engineering group in Denver West located near the Federal Center light rail stop. Our ideal candidate must be able to use computer-aided design AUTOCAD Civil 3D, to provide engineering design support for land development and civil engineering projects. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Project Managers and Engineers to set-up and manage construction drawings
- Prepare dimensional drawings, create and/or modify base drawings
- Revise and update existing drawings to reflect design changes
- Create and manage electronic document file structure, naming conventions in accordance with company standards.
- Productive team member and AutoCAD user to work a typical set of project documents from beginning to end with professional quality output.
- Work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Works with project teams on drawings which meet and exceed the customer’s requirements (bid and submittal phase).
- Serve as an information source during construction, and prepare as-constructed drawings
- Maintain notes, design calculations and documentation for future reference and continuous improvement on future documents.
Associate’s degree of completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least two years of related work experience, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Routinely uses higher-level commands, time-saving programs and routines.
Experience using advanced AutoCad functions including Sheet Set Manager, Xref manager, Palettes and Design Center.
Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent communications skills: Interpersonal, listening, oral and written
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications
- Familiar with design parameters related to land development: Site grading plans, water line design, utilities location, sanitary and storm water, etc.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures
- Able to work with minimal supervision, exercise independent judgment
- Able to efficiently schedule and manage time
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- Must be able to achieve generally stated objectives and requirements.
If you meet the above qualifications, please send your resume to LKissler@CenterPoint-is.com
Centerpoint is committed to supporting children, education and neighborhoods in the communities where we work and live. This year Centerpoint set a goal to partner with a local non-profit, Urban Peak, who provides full convergence of services for youth ages 15 through 24 experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of becoming homeless. Our goal was not only to accomplish this through financial donations, but also acts of personal service. With the help of CenterPoint employees, Urban Peak’s drop-in room was remodeled.
CenterPoint provides professional feasibility, entitlement, permitting and civil engineering services for CarMax Auto Superstores nationwide. Recently, CenterPoint completed their Golden, CO store.
Changes and opportunities that were faced, included:
- Regional detention pond was undersized and not constructed correctly, required a full engineering redo of the pond to meet the capacity necessary for the development.
- Fire/Emergency access to site is only served by one entrance for the entire Interplaza West development. The City was looking to CarMax to provide a secondary means of egress from the development by means of the CDOT ROW. After some negotiations with the City and Fire Dept, this requirement was dropped since it was impractical and would have severely delayed the project.
- RAGE (Restriction Agreement and Grant of Easements) Amendments with Kohls and Home Depot to allow for additional off-site signage and the use of vehicle sales. This process was lengthy and took several rounds of negotiations to finally be granted approval.
- Golden Green Menu. The City requires all new commercial developments to achieve points on their green menu to make the site more environmentally friendly. We worked with the City to establish the requirements for this site and were able to incorporate items that prototypical CarMax’s already have to save on the money needed to meet the required point value. Items like building automation, LED lighting and roof R value were used for points that are prototypical.
The store opened in February of 2018 on-time and on budget.
Congratulations to Jim Langel and his family, on welcoming a new baby girl to their family!
CenterPoint Integrated Solutions recruited 3 key employees’ due to recent growth. Lisa Kissler and Michael White, PE joined the Civil Engineering Division, and Jim Langel, PE joined the Development Services Team.
“The additional staff will assist in fulfilling CenterPoint’s vision to become known as the development services and civil engineering firm with the best customer experience,” said President Greg Toler. “We were able to achieve our hiring goals in this tough competitive market by finding proven people who fit into our company culture,” he said.
Lisa Kissler joined as the director of business development for the Civil Engineering Division of the company. She has over 10 years of new business development experience growing commercial real estate clients nationally and is now responsible for expanding the civil engineering market sector in Colorado and neighboring states. Kissler brings extensive knowledge of the Denver construction market having moved to Denver in 1986. She holds a B.A. from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Michael White, P.E. is a civil engineering project manager with over 12 years’ experience in land development, transportation, and utility infrastructure design. White successfully manages civil engineering projects throughout the Denver Metro area and the greater Front Range region, guiding projects from inception to final occupancy. He specializes in residential and commercial site design, with a strong emphasis on value engineering to realize developers’ visions in a practical and cost-effective manner. He holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Drexel University.
Jim Langel, P.E. has more than a decade of engineering, managing and constructing complex projects. As a development manager, Jim will manage the successful feasibility and site development for key national clients. He is a professional civil engineer in multiple states with an emphasis in site development and underground utilities. Jim holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from the University of Iowa, and is currently pursuing an M.S. in Engineering Management from the University of Kansas.
CenterPoint Integrated Solutions (CPIS), expands its services for Floor & Decor. CPIS provides professional feasibility, entitlement, permitting and civil engineering services for Floor & Decor nationwide. Our services are used by Floor & Decor to assist in site selection, lease negotiations and budget development that result in store openings. To date CenterPoint performed various Development and Civil Services at nearly 30-locations, comprising of over 2,000,000 square feet (SF) from coast to coast. After Floor & Decor selects a location; CenterPoint leads a team of consultants to coordinate the feasibility process. Our development team takes projects through entitlements by managing the preparation and submittal of the necessary documentation to obtain local approvals from the respective jurisdictions. As a trusted partner, CenterPoint presents at public City, County or local agency meetings on behalf of the client.
CenterPoint Integrated Solutions, LLC (“CPIS”) enjoys another successful year. In 2016, CPIS managed over 30 commercial, retail, residential and solar projects comprising nearly 1,000,000 square feet of development with a total real estate value exceeding $300,000,000. The projects were spread over 20 States, from Washington to Florida. CPIS delivered projects on time and within budget. Services provided by CPIS included pre-feasibility, feasibility, securing entitlements, civil engineering, cost estimating, subcontractor selection and management and development management. Additionally, CPIS provided private clients with Site Sourcing/Site Selection, Purchase and Sale Negotiation and Financial Pro Forma Development. We continue to grow our professional skill set and customer base while maintaining the highest quality deliverables to our existing clients. This would not have happened without the trust of our patrons or our dedicated staff!
CenterPoint’s Team and Significant others had a great evening learning to cook at STIR Cooking School located in the Highlands area of Denver. Chef Katy and her team demonstrated how to prepare and cook an old world Italian meal. The atmosphere, libations and food were terrific and CenterPoint enjoyed the evening with friends who also happen to be co-workers! The event was also a celebration of anniversaries and birthdays. Greg Toler presented gifts for years of Service for Jake Hertz (9); Fred Banfield (5); Amanda Steinle (5); and John Thatcher (2), along with presenting first year anniversary Monte Blanc pens to Stacey Haggerson, Jarrett Laraway, and Austin Allen.
CenterPoint Integrated Solutions, LLC (“CPIS”) is under contract to develop approximately 1.5-acres of unimproved land in Lakewood, CO. The proposed development will be approximately 18,000 square feet (“SF”) of retail and office product, including a rooftop patio. CPIS is marketing full service restaurant users as an anchor tenant. The tenant would occupy the western endcap of the retail building and would also have access to an approximate 2,000 SF rooftop patio with second floor enclosed bar. Prospective tenants liked the location but were concerned the 2nd floor patio would not attract customers. The users could not envision the views as no other 2nd story buildings or patios are in the submarket.
Providing an answer to the “is there a view worth paying for” question, CPIS contracted Hawk Aerial to take pictures using a drone equipped with high definition cameras. The drone was brought to the project site and took pictures from each end cap location of the proposed mixed-use building. Pictures were taken at 20-feet above ground surface facing east, south and west to document actual views from the future second story retail and patio spaces. The photographs were well received by end users and investors alike and helped pushed the project forward.
For more information on Hawk Aerial please contact Phillip Moffett at 720 454 7468. Additional information can also be found at their website: http://hawkaerial.com/